Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pearl Harbor

I really enjoyed going to Pearl Harbor. It was amazing and emotional. I learned new things and saw neat things. Some great moments where meeting one of the last four survivor's of Pearl Harbor. James threw in his lei and it made a heart shape. Seeing the huge 1600 pound anchor that was thrown 200 feet by the explosion! Oil still leaks out today that they call "The Tear". Seeing Jesse salute the wall. I am very grateful for the men and women who serve our country today. It was a great part of the trip.

8 comments:

Lisa Wilson said...

Sounds wonderful! I've always wanted to go there. Especially Pearl Harbor.

Trecia said...

It was a very neat experience

Trecia said...

Hey what you mean by Fantastic 4??

Sanders said...

I'm grateful too, we take so much for granted. Do tell us what fantastic 4 is?

Sanders said...

I won't rest until I know :op

Yvonne said...

I'd love to visit too. I'm so grateful to our military too!

Judi said...

I too have always wanted to go to Hawaii. My Grandpa's ship was schduled to be at Pearl Harbor the morning of the bombing but was delayed by a storm.

Yvonne said...

Oh my Gosh!!!! You haven't been blogging either lately. How funny!

Halloween OOOOOHHHH!

Kirsten was a dancer. Ethan was a Zombie Football player. Brooklyn was a dead Bride isn't she soooo cute.