Wednesday, September 10, 2008

911 what is your emergency

Brooklyn ate Vicks Vapor Rub this morning. Posion Control said if she ate up to 1 teaspoon at her age she could have a seizure. Well I could see it all over her shirt and smell it on her breath. The bottle also had 2 finger prints out of it. So I had no idea what she got and of course it could be possible up to 1 teaspoon. So they asked how far was the nearest hospital. I said 20 minutes they said an ambulance needs to pick her up because that is too long if she should start a seizure. (Did not help my anxiety) So we went to the hospital and sat for 2 hours to make sure she wouldn't have a seizure. Thank goodness she's okay. Is there a defiecency in the body for eating medicine you shouldn't? I promise this beautiful little girl of mine is going to kill me today! So the pictures aren't the best because they are off Dan's phone. He followed us on the way there. Brooklyn wasn't happy to be there, then they gave her a breathing treatment for her cough, the hole reason for the Vicks, and anywho she was hyper and happier than ever. Of course it was slow and all of the nurses wanted to come in and see the pretty girl with blue eyes. She came home with 2 stuffed animals! Oh Brooklyn please try to stay out of things.

13 comments:

Lisa Wilson said...

Oh how scary! I'm glad she's okay!

LillyBug Jewelry and Accessories said...

my gosh, that poor child of yours. she's giving me anxiety just listening to all her "sticky fingers" stories. you poor thing. i'm just happy to hear she's okay. and i thought i had a long day!

Sarah said...

I would have had heart failure too! I am so glad that everything turned out okay!!

Sanders said...

Tara, the things you go through just to have something to blog!!:0)
That is so frustrating & scary when you don't know how much they have consumed. Who would have thought Vicks would be a concern? I wonder if it has a minty-flavor?
Anyway, Im so glad that it had a happy ending. Brooklyn quit giving your Mom gray hairs!

Trecia said...

Sugar & Spice
And everything nice
That's what little girls
Are made of.

With every busy, happy year
She's dearer than before,
Through every stage, through every age,
You love her more and more.

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.


Just trying to list some fun quotes to keep you sane. Tara hang in there, she has to grow out of it soon, right? Give all your kids kisses from me

"uh oh, Trecia"

Anonymous said...

Oh Tara.....the things you go through! I swear, any other Mom WOULD have had an anxiety attack by now!!! I am so glad Brookelyn is ok. But the big question is....r u?

Krista said...

Oh no!!! That's crazy!! I'm so glad she's ok!!

Sara ;) said...

Wow! Scary day! The trials of curious children! I'm glad she is okay!

Sanders said...

Still nothing about bees, are you okay? Hope your not at the ER!! :o(

Yvonne said...

First a premie, then Tylenol, now Vicks, what's next? (knock on wood)I'm glad Brookie's okay. Eliza misses her every day...just like her mom misses you :)

sara,mike,rhett,and gage said...

It's always scary when your kids get into things there not suppost to. Thank goodness she's o.k. We thought Rhett ate his grandmas seizure medicine. That was pretty scary. We had to make him puke. It was horrifying.

sara,mike,rhett,and gage said...

p.s. look at my blog when you can

theoskilanecfamily said...

Oh my goodness Tara she is going to give you a heart attack...first tylenol then vicks. You are going to know how she reacts to all medicine aren't you!! I love your pic of Edward it's HOT!!!!! He has definately grown on me!! Thank you for all of your wonderful posts!

Halloween OOOOOHHHH!

Kirsten was a dancer. Ethan was a Zombie Football player. Brooklyn was a dead Bride isn't she soooo cute.